- Sports Day at VardyvilleSpring is coming (please please please, I’m begging!) and while its still early, it brings back to mind Sports Day at Random Island school. Back for...
- Happy Father’s DayThis was tough to write… Dad was a bear of a man, him, Uncle Hay and Uncle Lindo all were. Possibly uncle Herven and Lawrence too,...
- Bare MountainAs you come down over the hill along by the cemetery in Apsey Brook, looking straight ahead and way way down, you’ll see a bare rock...
- Miracle on Ice: Do you believe in miracles? March 3, 2024Politics of the cold war were echoed on the ice, as the USA played the Soviet Union in Lake Placid in 1980. Do you believe in miracles? The post Miracle on Ice: Do you believe in miracles? first appeared on Attiq.Peter Smith
- Ultimate Warrior vs. Hogan: Match for ages February 27, 2024In a previous life I worked the night shift at a few hotels. This offered me the opportunity to meet several World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) personalities (back then known as the World Wrestling Federation). One particularly memorable night, the kitchen in our small Newfoundland hotel stayed open late to cook meals for a busload of […]Peter Smith
- Huge value in case of 1979/80 NHL cards February 27, 2024Give me a time machine and I’m probably not going back and wagering on future Super Bowl winners or buying Apple and Amazon stock. No, I’m probably going to set the dial to late 1979 or early 1980 and then heading to Glow Variety in the east end of Hamilton, Ontario to purchase some hockey […]Dave Crowley
- How do they select the NCAA Tournament field? February 25, 2024There are 68 teams in the NCAA Tournament, but how do those 68 teams get selected to be part of the field for March Madness? Here is an explainer for the biggest event on the March sports calendar. There are two types of teams that qualify for the NCAA Tournament, those that win their respective […]Dave Crowley
- Silent skates: The WHA and Atlanta revisited February 24, 2024The demise of the WHA in 1979 added 4 new teams, 3 of which have moved from their original home. The NHL also had a second try in Atlanta. What happened? The post Silent skates: The WHA and Atlanta revisited first appeared on Attiq.Peter Smith