- 1 large onion
- 1 can Corned Beef Sometimes called Bully Beef
- 6-8 potatoes mashed
- 1/4 cup butter approximately
- Boil potatoes till cooked, then cool.
- peel and chop onion to preference. I like mine a little chunkier. Fry in butter till soft and tender.
- Add onion and butter to potato and mash together.
- Mash corned beef separately, then add to potato stirring together. (See picture for consistency)
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Form into patties, sprinkle with flour and fry in butter or oil till golden brown
Goes great with mustard pickles!
Note: For a more traditional taste, fry the patties in rendered salt back pork fat!
Share this Recipe
Raised in outport Newfoundland in a town of 65 people, I pursued a post secondary diploma in Information Technology right out of High School.
I’ve always been a geek at heart, but yet I love the rural life I grew up with. Fishing, hunting, camping and the great outdoors are still loves of mine, even if I don’t pursue them as often as I once did. Sports were always a big part of our lives, and I played many (badly) and loved them all.