- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Prepared Mustard French's - there are no other kinds 😛
- 1/2 cup Pancake Syrup Make your own base if desired, this is just easy
- Whole Cloves
- 1 14 oz can Pineapple Chunks or Tidbits
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Custard Powder
- 1 tbsp butter
Ham and Glaze
- Trim the ham, especially the thick "rind"
- Scour the top of the ham in a crosshatch pattern. Add one whole clove at each intersection.
- Bake ham at 400 F for one hour.
- Mix glaze ingredients together, and spoon about 1/2 over the ham. Note: We don't measure much, may need to adjust to taste with experience.
- Continue baking, and repeat glaze about 1/2 hour before cooking is complete.
- Cooking time is of course dependent upon size of ham, use your judgement, or meat thermometer.
- Add pineapple, including juice, brown sugar, and custard powder to appropriate sized saucepan.
- Stir together, and cook over medium low heat till thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Add butter, and stir together.
- Remove from heat and place in serving bowl to spoon over cooked ham.
I really like the leftovers fried up till they get a little crispy on the edges. I like to put that on bread, but then again, I also like fish sticks and french fries on bread 😉
Share this Recipe